Car rental companies typically charge multiples of charges to reduce excesses. Excesses charged by the hire companies are often high, £1000 is typical. Our product is reliable and very cost effective.
If your rental car is damaged, lost, or stolen during the rental period, Eversure Car Hire Excess Insurance will provide reimbursement up to £7,000 of any excess charge you are obliged to pay under the terms of your car rental agreement.
- Purchase online before collecting the rental car, we send documents by email
- Up to £7,000 Excess Reimbursement Cover
- Optional Family Cover, add up to 4 eligible family members who live with you permanently to benefit from the same cover when renting a car
- Option to increase CDW cover for USA & Canada rentals to USD 50,000
- Daily single trip cover up to 180 days per individual rental agreement
- A choice of either 31 or 62 days cover per rental agreement for annual policies
- UK rentals included (No minimum distance)
- Eversure Car Hire Excess insurance is underwritten by American International Group UK Limited
What is car hire excess insurance?
When hiring a car in Europe, the vehicle will usually be insured as standard. However, this typically won’t include the first part of any claim: the excess. In this type of arrangement, in the event of damage to your vehicle, you would be liable to pay the costs up to the excess limit, and the car hire company would likely cover the rest via its own insurance.
It is this excess that we cover you for. The excess could well cost you upwards of £1,000, so it certainly warrants some careful consideration. Our policy also covers you against damage to the windscreen, tyres and undercarriage, which may not be covered by the car hire company as standard.