You are covered for damage that happens when you leave the car unattended, say in a car park or parked on the street provided you have left the vehicle in a designated parking space and paid the relevant fees (if applicable).
When claiming for these scenarios, you clearly won't be able to give an accurate description of exactly what happened, but you should provide as much information as you can.
- Weather conditions at the time
- How long the car was left unattended
- Exact location (include road/car park name)
- A detailed description of the damage
- How you came to find the damage
- Photos of the location and of the damage
We ask for this information so that we can better understand the circumstances and speed up your claim.