Your Eversure Camera Insurance policy is a ‘New for Old’ policy, therefore in the event of a claim you need to know that you can go and buy a new replacement item. We can insure equipment of any age whether it’s new, old, second hand or even vintage. In order to ensure that your item is insured for the correct amount, please observe the following:
- Insure the item for the current usual, undiscounted, UK retail price.
- If you purchased a kit (for example a camera body and lens together), you must insure each part of that kit for it's current usual, undiscounted, UK retail price as individual items.
- If the item is no longer available, insure the item for the nearest available item and keep a copy of your rationale for the higher price.
- If the item is vintage, obtain a valuation from a reputable camera dealer stating the item, value and date of valuation.
- If you under-insure the item, you will only receive the amount that you have insured the item for, less the applicable excess.
Our policy defines 'value' as follows:
Value – the usual undiscounted purchase price of a new-for-old replacement Insured Item (including VAT) from a reputable dealer at the date the policy commenced, or for vintage Insured Items as per a current valuation from a reputable source within the 12 calendar months preceding the commencement date of this policy. You should review the Value of your Insured Items regularly to ensure Your cover is sufficient.