Theft whilst the cycle is in or on a vehicle shall only be covered in circumstances where;
- The vehicle must be securely locked with a factory/professionally fitted alarm and immobiliser in operation and there must be evidence of forcible or violent entry. Where possible the cycle should be out of sight.
- if the cycle is left in or locked on to the vehicle between the hours of 9pm and 6am the vehicle must be fitted with a:
- Thatcham category 1 alarm/immobiliser, or
- category 2 immobiliser or
- category 3 steering lock
- When you are outside the United Kingdom where it is impossible to comply with the Thatcham security requirements, theft shall only be covered if the vehicle is fitted with a factory fitted alarm or immobiliser and evidence of its existence must be provided in the event of a claim.
- If the cycle is on a cycle or roof rack, the cycle must be secured through the frame by an approved lock to a roof/cycle rack which is properly attached to the vehicle. All doors, windows and other openings of the vehicle and cycle rack must be left closed, securely locked and properly fastened. Any security devices must be in operation.
- The vehicle must be road legal and insured.