At the insured location
When you purchase cover with us, we ask you for the equipment's 'insured location'. This is the address that the equipment will usually be stored at unless you're out and about using it or on holiday with it. We ask for this because it helps us better assess the risk to your equipment in the place it 'lives'.
There are a few requirements we have in order to provide cover for your equipment when it's in your insured location.
- All security devices including alarms must be operational whenever the Insured Location is Unoccupied and/or Unattended.
- The Insured Items must be stored within the main building at the Insured Location, which must be constructed of non-combustible materials. By this We mean that the walls are built of brick or stone and the roof is slate or tile.
- For Sums Insured exceeding £20,000 a National Security Inspectorate approved and maintained alarm is also required, which must be activated in addition to the above requirements.
Your equipment will be covered if it's stolen from an unattended vehicle, 24hrs a day, provided you meet the below requirements:
- The Insured Items must be stored in a Locked Luggage Compartment.
- All doors, windows and other openings in the vehicle must be fully closed and locked whenever the vehicle is left Unattended.
- All security devices such as alarms must be activated whenever the vehicle is left Unattended.
- If Insured Items exceed £10,000 Value the vehicle must also be fitted with an alarm.
- When parked at the Insured Location, Insured Items must, where possible, be removed from the vehicle and stored within the Insured Location.
Away from the insured location
We cover your equipment when you're away from your 'insured location' assuming you don't leave your equipment unattended at any time unless it's inside a locked room or locked cupboard and any security devices are in operation.